Options under the CCS (NPS) Rules, 2021 to receive the benefits of the old government retirement pension scheme. agent covered by the NPS during the service or his separation from service due to invalidity or invalidity: DoP&PW OM of 26.10.2022 with option form and family information form
No. – 57/03/2022-P&PW(B)/8361
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Claims and Pensions
Pensions and Retirees Welfare Department
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan, Khan Market,
New Delhi, dated October 26, 2022
Subject: Options under the Core Civil Service Rules (Implementation of the National Pension System), 2021 to receive benefits from the old pension scheme in the event of the death of a civil servant covered by the National Pension System while in service or on separation from service due to disability or disability -reg.
The undersigned is hereby informed that the Department of Pensions and Retired Welfare has notified the Central Civil Service (Implementation of the National Pensions Scheme) Rules 2021 to govern matters relating to the service of Civilian Employees of the central government covered by the national pension system. Article 10 of these rules deals with the option to be exercised by any employee of the central administration covered by the national pension system to benefit from the benefits of the national pension system or the former pension scheme in the event of death. of a civil servant in service or of his dismissal for reason of invalidity. or disability.
2. In accordance with Rule 10 of the Central Civil Service (Implementation of the National Pension System) Rules, 2021, any civil servant covered by the National Pension System must, upon entering the civil service, be exercising an option on Form-1 to receive National Pensions Scheme benefits or Central Civil Service (Pension) Regulations or Central Civil Service (Extraordinary Pension) Regulations in the event of death or pension due to disability or retirement for disability. Civil servants, already in the service of the State and covered by the national pension system, will also exercise this option.
3. The option is exercised with the Head of Office who will accept it after verifying all the facts presented therein and will enter it in the service book. A copy of the option should be forwarded by the Head of Office to the Central Record Keeping Agency through the Withdrawal and Disbursement Agent and Payroll and Accounting Officer for their record. The payroll and accounting officer also makes an appropriate entry in the online system indicating the details of the option exercised by the official.
4. Any government official must, in addition to the option of Form 1, also submit family information in Form 2 to the Head of Office. The Head of Office shall, upon receipt of Form 2, acknowledge receipt of Form 2 and all other communications received from the official thereon, countersign it indicating the date of receipt and have it pasted in the government service book. concerned servant. The Head of Office, upon receipt of communication from the official regarding any change in family size, should also incorporate such change in Form 2.
5. The option exercised may be revised several times by the Subscriber before his retirement by making a new option by informing the Head of Office of his revised option. Upon receipt of the revised option, the office manager and payroll and accounting manager take the additional actions mentioned above.
6. A subscriber who is released due to disability or invalidity will have the opportunity to submit a new option at the time of such release. If this Subscriber does not exercise a new option or is unable to exercise a new option at the time of release, the option already exercised by the Subscriber becomes effective. If no option has been exercised by Subscriber and Subscriber is unable to exercise an option at the time of release, Subscriber’s case will be resolved in accordance with paragraph 9 below.
7 In the event of the death of a Subscriber in service, the last option exercised by the deceased Subscriber before his death is considered final and the family has no right to revise the option.
8. Where a subscriber who has not exercised an option and dies before completing fifteen years of service or within three years of notification of the Core Civil Service Rules (implementation of the National System of retirement), 2021, his family shall be granted a family pension in accordance with the provisions of the Central Civil Service (Pension) Regulations or the Central Civil Service (Extraordinary Pension) Regulations, as the case may be, by default.
9. Where a Subscriber is removed from service due to invalidity or invalidity prior to the completion of fifteen years’ service or within three years of notice of these rules without exercising an option, and ‘he is also unable to exercise an option at the time of release, he shall be granted an invalidity pension or invalidity pension in accordance with the provisions of the Central Civil Service (Pension) Regulations or the Regulations the central civil service (extraordinary pension) as the case may be, by default;
10. In all other cases, where no option has been exercised by the subscriber, the claim of the subscriber on release from service and that of the family on the death of the subscriber, shall be settled in accordance with the Regulator. and development of pension funds. (Exits and Withdrawals under National Pension System) Regulations, 2015, as the default option.
11. In cases where the option exercised by the deceased subscriber or the default option to receive benefits under the Central Civil Service (Pension) Regulations or the Central Civil Service (Extraordinary Pension) Regulations becomes unsuccessful due to the unavailability of an eligible family member for the award of a family pension under the Central Civil Service (Pension) Regulations or the Central Civil Service (Extraordinary Pension) Regulations, this option would be deemed to have become disabled and eligible benefits under the national pension scheme will be granted to the legal heir(s) of the employee in accordance with the Pension Funds Development and Regulatory Authority Regulations 2015 ( withdrawals and withdrawals from the national pension system).
12. A copy of Forms 1 and 2 is also attached.
13. All Ministries/Departments are requested that the above provisions regarding the option to be exercised under the Core Civil Service Rules (Implementation of the National Pension System), 2021 may be made known to the employees of government covered by the NPS, heads of offices and staff. address NPS issues within the ministry/department and attached/subordinate offices under it, for strict implementation.
Undersecretary of the Govt. from India
Attachment as above.
All Ministries/Departments/Organizations, (as per standard list)
POSSIBILITY OF RECEIVING BENEFITS IN THE EVENT OF DEATH OR DISCHARGE FOR INVALIDATION OR INVALIDITY OF THE OFFICIAL / SUBSCRIBER DURING THE SERVICE
[See rule 10 )
* I, … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … .. , hereby exercise option that in the event of my discharge from service on the account of disability or retirement from service on account of invalidation or Death during service, benefits under CCS(Pension) Rules, 1972 or CCS(Extraordinary Pension) Rules, 1939 as the case may be, may be paid to me or my family.
* I, ………………………………………………………….., hereby exercise option that in the event of my discharge from service on the account of disability or retirement from service on account of invalidation or Death during service, benefits may be paid to me or my family, as the case may be, based on the accumulated pension corpus in the Individual Pension Account under the National Pension System in accordance with the CCS( Implementation of National Pension System) Rules, 2021.
Signature of Government servant / Subscriber
Name … … … … … … … … …… … … … … …
Designation … … … … … … … … …… … …
Office in which employed … … … … … …
Telephone No. … … … … … … … … …… …
Place and date:
This option supersedes any other option made by me earlier.
* Completely strike out the benefits for which option is not intended to be made.
(To be filled in by the Head of Office or authorised Gazetted Officer)
Received the option dated … … … … … … , under CCS( Implementation of National Pension System) Rules, 2021
made by Shri/Smt./Kumari. … … … … … … … … … … … … ,
Designation … … … … … … … … … … … …
Office … … … … … … … … … … … …
Entry of receipt of option has been made in page … … … … … … Volume … … … … … … of Service Book.
Name and Designation of Head of Office or authorized Gazetted Officer with seal
Date of receipt … … … … … …
The receiving Officer will fill the above information and return a duly signed copy of the complete Form to the Government servant who should keep it in safe custody so that it may come into the possession of the beneficiaries in the event of his/her death/ invalidation.
Details of Family
[See rule 10(3)]
- The original Form submitted by the official I Subscriber must be retained. · All additions or modifications must be communicated by the civil servant/retired I Subscriber accompanied by the supporting documents and the modifications must be recorded in this form under the signature of the head of office in column 7. No new form will replace the original form. However, the retiring subscriber must resubmit his family details upon retirement. .
- Contact details for the spouse, all children and parents (whether entitled to family pension or not) and disabled siblings (siblings) may be provided.
- The head of office indicates the date of receipt of the communication relating to the addition or modification of the family in the column “Remarks”. The fact of disability or change in marital status of a family member should also be indicated in the ‘Remarks’ column.
- Wife and husband include wife and husband legally separated.
- The retired civil servant must attach the details of the change in family structure after retirement in the form prescribed by the Department of P. and PW. OM n° 1 (23) P.&P.W/91-E, of November 4, 1992.
- Copies of birth certificates to be attached. Copies of any other relevant certificates, if any, should be attached.
Name of official / subscriber
Details of family members:
(Please see notes below before completing)
|Date of birth (dd / mm / yyyy)||Aadhaar No.*
|Relationship with the government civil servant/retired Civil servant/Subscriber||Marital status||Remarks||Dated signature of office manager|
I undertake to keep the above data up to date by notifying the Head of Office of any addition or modification.
* Providing Aadhaar number is optional. However, if provided, consent to link it to the bank account and also to authenticate the identity of the UIDAI for retirement related purposes only, is presumed.